I can’t believe that October has come and gone. It’s one of my favorite months in the whole year and honestly I’m sad to see it go. But, I’m going to look back on the month and share with you a few things I have been loving. I hope you enjoy!
1. The Good Cop Netflix series. This is one of those shows my mom got me into (thanks Mom!) and I think it has become one of my favorite shows on Netflix. Staring Josh Groban and Tony Danza, it’s a cop/mystery/crime show that I’ve been recommending to all my friends. Also… who else is ready for season 2???
2. Sabrina the Teenage Witch TV show. It has become a tradtion for me to binge watch the Sabrina the Teenage Witch 90s show each year in October. I love the lightness and humor of the show and I especially love the seasons where Sabrina is attending college. Side note- I have also been loving the darker Netflix show Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and recommend that too.
3. Classical KDFC Radio Station. I work a sedetary job that has me in a cubicle 8-5 on weekdays, staring at a computer screen. Because of this, I often deal with fatigue and need some background noise to keep me from falling asleep at my desk. Most of the time I will choose a podcast, audiobook, or spotify playlist to listen to. But lately I’ve been wanting some simple music to be intersting enough to keep me awake, but will not distract me from the task at hand. Enter in Classical KDFC. A radio station originating out of San Fransisco, you can download the app and listen for free! This station has been my choice for the past month and I highly recommend giving it a listen (especially if you love classical music).
4. Madewell Simple Crossbody Bag. I purchased this bag back in August, for my a trip planned in September. I absolutely love small crossbody bags for travel and felt like this was a good addition to my purse collection. However, I was not expecting this to be a bag I reach for every single day. With all the events and activites in October, I hated any time I carried a large bag (or even just a medium satchel). They all felt too heavy, too bulky, and just in general too much. This bag holds my wallet, keys, lip stick, lip balm, hand cream, chewing gum, and anything else I stuff into it. It’s light enough that it doesn’t feel like an additional body member, but roomy enough that I don’t feel unprepared. I highly recommend it!
5. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill. I completed my reading goal for the year this month! This book was definitely my favorite that I read in October. This is a middle grade fantasy novel about a city that sacrifices a baby to a witch, to keep peace and protection within their city. However, the witch secretly takes the babies that are “sacrified” to a neigboring town, to find good homes for them. This centers around Luna, who ends up being adopted by the witch, and the story takes off from there. I loved the writing style, the characters, and the message behind the book. I enjoyed every minute of reading it and maybe will re-read it again in the future.
Those are my monthly favorites! What have you been loving in October?